Slowly but surely, we're coming out. If I'm going to have to be put to sleep in January, I figured I better tell my immediate family.
I told my mom after my first RE appointment because he wanted my family history. Yesterday, I told my sister in law so she could also tell my brother. They have two small children, 2 yo and 18 month old, and I was scheduled to help her babysit them and two of her sisters kids at the end of the month. However, DH went and finally got me one thing that I actually asked for and booked a hotel room for a mini vacation the weekend before Christmas. Smack dab on the day I was to help with four kids until 3 years old.
This IF shat has thrown me for a loop. Up and down on this never ending ride is making me crazy. I deal with other people's stress everyday. Because of this I always thought I was great at handling a rhinoceros size turd of problems. Turns out I am good at dealing with other people's poop but not my own.
Anyways, because of this DH was wise enough to say lets take a mini vaca and head to a super cheesy tourist town with billions of Christmas lights. We're going to look at the lights, visit a moonshine factory, do a little ice skating, mingle with the crazy frantic shoppers and then have some sex just for funsies. He got a hotel room with a fire place and jacuzzi tub. I can already promise him he will get lucky.
SIL was very understanding when I told her about the upcoming procedures and past struggles so she was OK with me bailing on a day of terror, I mean fun.
I'm going to let DH at least tell his mom and dad that I have a cyst that needs to be removed. They're pretty nosey and I'm afraid if they find out we're TTC the questions will be endless.
Other than that I'm really looking forward to this trip and its taken my mind off everything at least for a few minutes at a time.
See this squirrel? It made me pee a little.

No comments:
Post a Comment