Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The solution to the healthcare industry's problems.

At this point it's just so ridiculous that its funny.

Last week the hospital called and said they had put a "hold" on my account until they got all of the insurance problems straightened out. Apparently, insurance is still refusing to pay for part of it, yet the hospital says that my total will be the same at around $1,800.

I'm done trying to figure out the logic that if insurance pays more then my part won't be cheaper???

Anyways, nice girl Valvoline (her name really sounds like the motor oil) told me she put it on hold so that I would stop getting bills in the mail until it's all straightened out. Since that day, which I think was exactly 7 days ago, I have received a letter from the hospital every day that the United State Postal Service has been operating. I now have at least 10 copies of the exact same $9,048.23 bill.

BUT. BUT. BUT...
Today I got a new letter. It's a statement telling me NOT to pay the bill. (Yet)

Let me break this down for you so you can wrap your mind around this clusterfluck.

I have received 10 bills telling me to pay $9,000 or I'm about to be sent to a collection agency. Hospital said they're going to stop sending said bills. Now, hospital sent me a statement telling me not to pay the bills but just making me aware of my account balance which is unpaid.

No shit Sherlock!

Listen carefully, I think I've solved the healthcare crisis. I'm predicting that hospitals and insurance could save about a million lajillion dollars a year if they stopped mailing bills and statements to people whom they've said "were not going to mail you a bill!" Great, Mr Hospital but at what point are you going to stop sending me statements too????

The only winner here is obviously the United States Postal Service.

No comments:

Post a Comment