Let me back up a bit though. The prenatal test (also called the NT or nuchal fold scan) can help the healthcare practitioner assess the baby's risk of having down syndrome and some other chromosomal abnormalities as well as major congenital heart problems. We apparently want the result to be under 3mm in the space around the neck or something like that. The US doc was going over this crap while he had my results in his hands. I wasn't listening to a single word he said as I was too worried about the results. I just wanted to interrupt him and say, "Excuse me. I don't need a Wikipedia review and definition of the test. Please just tell me if it is OK or not."
He said anything above a 3 would cause him to worry but said ours appeared normal at 1.3 or something like that. 8 swear I heard the words "within normal range" and then completely tuned him out. Oopsie. Way to listen to details Mama.
This US was soooo much cooler than the previous ones. The little booger doesn't look like a gummy bear anymore and actually looks like a real skinny baby with a giant head. :)
You could see the heart beating and the little skinny arms moving all over the place. The legs were kicking around as the US tech kept pressing the wand down on my stomach. The hand and arm kept moving above its head and laying on its face or getting close to sucking the thumb. The tech wasn't getting detailed enough shots of that but was more concentrating on the neck but it was pretty awesome to say the least.
Have I told you how stinking amazing it is to have a regular on top of the belly US? Because it is! I should be done with transvaginal dildo cam ultrasounds for the time being.
My 13 week update will be coming soon. But until then, here's a few pics!!!


Aw yay! So glad everything worked out!
ReplyDeleteYay - I'm so glad to hear that everything looks great!
ReplyDeleteWoot- Woot!
ReplyDeleteThis brings tears to my eyes! So beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome pictures! Glad everything went well!
ReplyDelete