Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Going to milk this one

With laundry stacked above my head and no free hands to turn on the basement light, I started the descent into the dark snake pit this evening.

DH yells from above, "When you get pregnant, I'm going to have to do all the laundry."

It wasn't a statement bemoaning an additional chore. It was a matter of fact statement forbidding me from washing clothes.

I paused and took a moment to calmly assess the statement and keep this hope alive.

Me: "Why?"
DH: "When you get pregnant, you can't go down the stairs."
Me: "Since when does pregnancy make a woman invalid?"
DH: "I won't let you go up and down the steps when you're carrying our baby."

::mentally doing a happy dance::

Me: "That's very sweet. And you're right. That means I also can't make any wood fires (wood stove heater) either."

He enthusiastically agreed.

Boy, is he going to regret those statements one day.


1 comment: