Wednesday, June 5, 2013

I celebrated. Did you?

Today was National Running Day! 

I jogged/walked for my week 2/day 1 session for 2.42 miles. Today was my best time yet at 8:30 per mile jogging and 14:38 walking time. I'm only in week two which is the 2:00 walking and 1:30 jogging sessions. 

Except for some hip and leg cramps, I'm feeling good. I love the soreness after a workout and the "my legs feel like noodles" afterglow. I don't know why my hips and legs are cramping, but that has been a constant pain for two days. I even took yesterday off as my planned day to jog so I could rest my legs. It doesn't feel like soreness. I am 99% positive it is related to my work chairs. Sitting for 12 hours is not good on your body. Today I got up and dispatched standing up for periods of time to get off my butt. And I think it helped because my legs weren't as achy this afternoon.

I hope my other running buddies were able to get a run in today. 

I noticed a lot of tweets today about it aptly tagged with #irunbecause and mine was #irunbecause I am trying to run away from my problems. 

Happy running! I hope you all got to escape to a wooded wonderland like me! 


4 comments:

  1. I started the C25K program last year but didn't finish, you are getting me excited to try again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel great now that I started it back. I'm so glad I did. The app makes it so much easier and better!!! And I am going to register for a Color Me Rad 5k in September so I can have a goal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, an 8:30 pace per mile is NOT jogging! You are RUNNING, you are a RUNNER :-D Go you!!

    Just a suggestion if you're open to it to help with those achy hips: use a foam roller and make sure you stretch after you run. It does wonders for me! I, too, love that feeling of exhaustion after a good run. I love it even more when I know I'm doing things to help my recovery (like foam rolling, stretching and fueling properly).

    I know I'm late to the party, but Happy National Running Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks RunCC. My hips weren't sore after this run so I'm not sure if it's related to the new activity or the work chairs. This was our 4 day work week, 12 hours a day so after 4 days, my whole body hurts from sitting all day.

    Thanks again for all the encouragement. I was pretty proud of that pace!

    ReplyDelete