Even without being pregnant, yesterday sucked. This whiny post isn't even really about pregnancy. I'm not even sure what's going on is related to gestating.
I got off night shift at 6 am, felt a headache coming on, drank some water and took a couple Tylenol. My recent headaches (read as almost daily headaches) have been staying just headaches and not turning into migraines. My theory is they're caused dehydration. As long as I'm drowning my kidneys with water, the headaches subside quickly or stay pretty dull.
Bed was calling my name and I figured the headache would go away while I slept. Wrong.
Wrong.
I couldn't have been more wrong. Around noon my belly was cramping and I immediately ran to the bathroom. I have the opposite of constipation problem right now so this didn't surprise me. Add another reason it's been difficult to stay hydrated. Headache was still there but not worse so I went back to bed.
The final time I woke up was around the cut off point time for calling in sick to work. I've called in sick a couple times but thought that I didn't feel too bad to make it. About 20 minutes later, I regretted that decision. It was a full blown migraine and I was laying naked on the bathroom floor throwing up.
Normally, if I get sick, the migraine will ease up. Wrong again. I don't even know how many more times I threw up. DH wanted to call in for me but I said I would tough it out or come home sick after my relief person could come in.
That plan didn't take long since I didn't even make it to my console before I threw up again. My supervisor was awesome and didn't even give me the choice to stay. She sent me home. Me and her are both stubborn people and it takes a lot for us to abandon work. And that's exactly how I feel when I call in sick. I feel like that shift is my responsibility and I should be there. She feels the same. I did the same to her one day when she had an abscessed tooth and was in tears because she couldn't even talk. Guess what? Talking is pretty important in our job. Communicating with callers, officers, firemen and paramedics is kinda important. Same goes for puking. I may or may not have dispatched via portable radio or by headset from the bathroom before but the sound of vomiting when answering a 911 call or radio is not something you want to be recorded.
::side story-- we have a dispatcher who can't stand the sound of someone throwing up. Not surprisingly, we get a lot of medical calls where throwing up can be heard in the background or by the caller itself. "Hello. I need an amb...(vomit) ambulance to 112 first stree ...(voooooomit) street, please."
This dispatcher will throw up everything the caller throws up. End story:: You're welcome for that visual.
Anyways, I was back home, but not too soon since the car movement and lights from vehicles and houses really ticks off my migraines and triggered another session of naked bathroom time. Don't ask me why but if I am throwing up at home, I have to be naked.
Today, I'm feeling better. My stomach and my head still aren't friends. But at least they've called a truce and are existing painlessly right now. As for these migraines and for yesterday, I'm going to try to forget about both because as soon as I get a twinge of pain I'm instantly scared that it's going to happen again. And I would really like to not be naked on the bathroom floor in the near future.
For your viewing please, here's a pic before I got naked again yesterday.

OMG I love your belly!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you were so sick :( I hope you're feeling much better!!