Sunday, December 1, 2013

Week 18: Sweet potato. Mmmmmm Thanksgiving feast week!

My mornings: Hello night shift. Goodbye sleep.

My nights: I can go to sleep OK, but it's staying asleep that is a challenge.
 
How far along: 18w,6d

How big is baby: Skeletor is fattening up this week thanks to the holiday meals. Baby is the size of a sweet potato and I ate loads of sweet potatoes at Thanksgiving. Baby weighs about 6.7 ounces and is 5.6 inches.

Weight:
Starting weight: 130
Total weight gain: 14
This week: 144

My official weight at the doctor's appointment last week was 144. With some recent vomiting and stomach issues, my weight has been up and down a couple pounds lately. 

How I’m changing: The child is growing in my boobs. I think my uterus has relocated there.

What I miss: A good night's sleep and warm weather.

Symptoms: Headaches are my main problem right now. They're getting in the way of normal life and making me sick and/or miss work.

Cravings: Another firehouse salad. House dressing. Extra dressing and extra cheese please.

Food Aversions: Nothing.

Highlights this week: I had my 18w OB appointment which was quick. Pee in a cup. Poke my finger. Doppler on the belly and done. I'm glad I remembered to ask the OB about my previous bloodwork (everything was fine except that Antibody N thing but it will have no affect on me or pregnancy) and my frequent migraines. He prescribed a drug that has a sedative, aceptamenophen, and caffeine to help stop a migraine when it first starts. I have used it once this week. It worked OK as far as knocking me out but it's not a miracle drug that completely gets rid of the crippling pain, vomiting, sickness, inability to tolerate light and noises, etc. But at least I got a couple hours of sleep from it.
 
Maternity clothes: Yep. Wearing them more and more. I had to buy some more pants. Despite the dozens of pants that were loaned to me, there were only two pair that were long enough for me. I bought one extra pair that I think should last me through the whole pregnancy. The other two that fit are low panel ones and they are getting uncomfortable as the belly grows.

Stretch marks: None. I think I am getting one on my butt.

Sleep: Ha. Stupid Sleep. My body hates sleep.

Movement: I feel some bubbles at least once a day now. Sometimes more.


Gender: I still think Boy. We did the ring test and it said boy too. We shall see soon.


Labor signs: Nope. Way too soon.

Belly button: I will still be an innie for a while.

What I am looking forward to: I finally get a chance to surprise people with something! My anatomy scan was supposed to be sometime in the middle of the month. Also this month is my family's annual Christmas dinner with grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. It's one of the only times we can get all the sides of the family together. With some help from my SIL ::howdy and waves:: we were able to plan the date for Dec 13. SIL and brother always host it at their house. I originally had the ultrasound set for Dec. 16 which is the date that I told my mom and family members. BUuuuutttt, I rescheduled for Dec. 13 and we're now planning on a surprise gender reveal at the party. I will update the blog with the reveal options to get some opinions as we make more plans.

Milestones: Each day and week is another milestone. I am cleaning out the spare room and thinking of nursery ideas.

18 weeks UK hoodie shot! 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment