Saturday, April 5, 2014

The dresser is done!!!

It's been a thorn in my foot for weeks now as I have waited, not very patiently, to get the dresser so I can organize the nursery. 

Without the dresser, I couldn't put away washed clothes, blankets, or diapers. My kitchen table looks like Babies R Us exploded on it. 

But NOW, we finally have a dresser! I can't really blame Dad and DH for taking longer than my initial deadline of March, seeing as how DH had some work issues that wouldn't allow him to make the hour trip to work on it for several weeks. And then Dad had unexpected shoulder surgery. But don't these guys realize how crazy a nesting 8-month pregnant lady is!?!? 

They both are under the male mental mindset that a due date is exactly when the birth will be. Ha! Poppycock I say. 

Sure. I get that I could easily go past my EDD but I would rather be prepared for an earlier arrival than not prepared at all until the due date. 

I can't thank them enough for they hardwork in handcrafting this dresser. We got to custom design it with type of wood, layout, drawer sizes, finish, and drawer pulls. It's simple and exactly the way I love handmade pieces. I want something that will look timeless and will look beautiful for years to come. Since I know it will last for decades, I know it's designed to be an awesome focal piece in any room. 


I'm not even going to show you the other side of the room. You would die if you saw how much stuff is piled upon other piles of stuff. It would make a great setting for a baby hoarders TV show episode. 

1 comment:

  1. It is beautiful! And how special that it was made special for your baby boy.

    ReplyDelete