Maybe it's a man-sized man cold? No wait. If it was man sized then that would mean my cold is smaller than my exaggerated large super human summer cold. My 10-inch cold would be a 1-inch sneeze.
I've been in denial for two days that my inability to breath is only caused by allergies. Combine that with a sore ear and the fact that my chest is carrying around an elephant inside of it and I finally conceded: I have a cold.
Onto the less important stuff that you all stalk me for ...
Today was my appt with Dr A to discuss injectables. Lo and behold I got called into work. My supervisor was willing to let me take my 1-hour lunch to drive 20 minutes to the office, hurry through the meeting and then rush back in 20 minutes. The problem with that option was that I spent 30 minutes in the waiting room while the staff was in the hallway deciding lunch. I finally got hateful and said, "I'm already late. I was supposed to meet at 11:15."
I think because I was on the verge of angry tears, the secretary felt sorry for me and ran back to tell Dr A.
I'm still numb from all the information and I haven't processed it yet to make a decision. But here's my options.
1. Follistim AQ 600 IU, Menopur, Bravelle, and progesterone plus IUI.
Total cost is anywhere from $1,200-1,400, which includes the IUI cost, monitoring and bloodwork.
2. Femara 2.5 mg, Follistim AQ 300 IU, Bravelle, Menopur and progesterone.
That cost could be about $750ish.
We are OOP so we've got a lot to consider. I've emailed the OOP meds donation group with TB to check for availability.
Dr. A thinks because I am small that I shouldn't have any trouble responding to the injects and in all honesty I am leaning towards option 2. I would be happy with twins (read scared and terrified but happy) but higher order multiples and OHSS frightens the crap outta me. Of course Dr A will monitor me and avoid OHSS and cancel the cycle if needed.
DH and I haven't discussed it at length yet or made a decision, but we still have two weeks to make up our minds. Thoughts and advice would be appreciated!

Obviously I have no experience with injectables, but just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you. I hope you guys pick the best option for you both. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI hope you're feeling better soon. Good luck with your treatment option decision and keep us posted :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad to hear you have options. I hope whatever you and YH decide comes with peace. I'll be thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteI hope that the OOP meds donation group can help you out. Also, I know this may seem like a complete long shot but can you see if there are any IF support groups in your area. Maybe they might also have resources for donated fertility meds or maybe the doctor knows of someone who was successful and would like to donate their meds? My momma always told me the worst someone can say is "no".
ReplyDelete