
The months of TTC go by slow anyways, but all of this waiting for the next test or next blood draw is worse than the 2WW.
One bright side of ovulating early this month is that a few days were cut out of the wait. I called Dr. A's office today to figure out when I needed to have the CD21 BW. Under the original orders, I would have had the BW on Nov. 19 which would have put me around 12DPO, wayyyyyy too late for the test to determine accurate progesterone levels. From what I have learned, the CD21 test should correctly be termed the 7DPO test since many women don't O on CD14. Only someone O'ing on CD14 would get accurate results from testing on CD21. Since I O'ed early on CD12, my BW orders would have been inaccurate.
Dr. A's mini student Dr. Mary called me back and said to go on my correct 7DPO, which is Wednesday. Yay for his office actually being educated and correct about all of this. I was afraid that they would say "stick with what Dr. A told you."
Instead her answer was, "Make an executive decision for yourself. You've educated yourself on the testing protocol and you're correct, it needs to be taken 7DPO."
I live in a great place. We have a medical school at our city's university and my fertility clinic uses nursing students and medical school students. I feel that it's a great opportunity for the students to learn by helping with the care of people in different fields of study so I am 100% in favor of having student docs involved with my care and treatment, not only with my fertility but in other healthcare areas.
I met Mini Dr. Mary at my first appointment and I immediately liked her. I have a little girl crush on her perrrttty curly hair. Plus, she can't weigh more than 110 pounds. I'm pretty sure her lab coat and stethoscope take up about 5% of her weight. I just want to pick her up and put her in my pocket.
The only downside is that I work 12 hr night shift the night before my BW. And DH's SA is scheduled for Friday. I will have to stay up past 6 am to go get the blood drawn and then hold his hand as he does what he does for the SA. He wants me to go with him to deliver it to the clinic but by that point, I will be dead on my feet.
(Here is where I was going to look up some meaningful quote about "waiting" and my search came up with this gem.)
A. Freaking. Cupcake. ATM!! I could die happy if there was one of these nearby.
No comments:
Post a Comment