Ever have that moment, when you've been monitoring your cycles for so long that you know when a headache is progesterone increased headache, your bowels coincide with certain CDs and you can almost predict the hour you will start spotting?
No? Just me.
Someone answer this riddle. WHY? How is it possible that I have never spotted before 12 DPO before? BUT here it is 10 DPO and guess what? Yep. Spotting.
Son of a Kitten SPOTTING.
Now, I could be one of those constantly hopeful and wishful morons who thinks this is Implantation Bleeding. But, we all know I am a Negative Nancy. My mind does not look at a half full glass. My mind sees it as a half empty glass and the sudden urge to pee while on a 911 call.
Sidenote, nothing will make you more aware of your bladder than a 911 call lasting over 5 minutes. It never fails. If a call is going to become something that you have to sit through for the 2 hour duration, you will feel the need to pee about 5 minutes into the call.
Don't think that I am above telling the Shift Commander to tell his boys to cool their dicks with traffic stops so I can take a potty break.
Totally different topic, which has no transition, except that I said dicks in the previous sentence and my mind went, OH WAIT SPERM!
I don't think I ever included DH's SA results from the IUI. I meant to but I don't completely understand how it works so I asked the geniuses at TB and this is what I learned.
DH results:
Count: 77 mil
Volume: 3.5 ml
Motility: 51
Total motility: 137 x10 6th/ml
Post wash concentration: 234 x10 6th/ml
Post wash motile: 43
Post wash total motile: 40x 10 6th/ml
Here is the reply from KatiB who explains it the best.
"If his original count was 77mil/ml times 3.5ml then his original count total was 269,500,000. (ie 269.5 mil). They spun it around so the bad swimmers fell to the bottom and skimmed the good fellas off the top.
It sounds like they ended up putting 0.6 ml back in you, which based on the post wash concentration 234mil/ml times 0.6 is 140 million sperm of which 43% was motile (140mil times .43 = 42 million swimming sperm). If I am wrong and it was .4ml put back in you then it's 93 million sperm at 43% motility which still equals 40 million swimmers.
Either way - that is an amazing post wash!"
I wanted to add those numbers in here at some point, because I will eventually forget them. That's one of the reasons I really like blogging about this journey. This site helps me remember what has happened day in and day out.
I will make you guys a promise. If this cycle gets a BFP, then I promise to tell you guys how we got those amazing numbers and swimmers this cycle. Trust me. It will make you chuckle.
Fx!
ReplyDeleteI always smile when I read your blog. Sometimes you just crack me up.
ReplyDeleteI'm still holding out hope for you this cycle. Jan '14 needs your awesomeness.
FX for you!!! Holding out hope for you!
ReplyDelete