Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The dogs are going to day care.

We're getting prepared to leave for Edisto Island later this week and I'm making final preparations.

The hardest thing to deal with is going to be leaving the dogs. I luuuuuurve my pups. It's hard to leave them in someone else's hands. We're going with family so the ones we would normally leave them with will be at the beach with us.

Bella will have no problem at all. She is in Heaven at doggy day camp. When she was a tiny puppy, I took her there when I worked night shift so she could play all day while I slept. She basically comes unglued from her tail when she sees that we're pulling into the parking lot.

Minnie, on the other hand, is not going to be excited about the new social activity.

She's not a social butterfly. She likes her people. She likes her dog Bella. She doesn't like other people or other dogs. She is fond of some people and loves you once she gets to know you, but you have to be a dog person for her to like you. She has a sixth sense that tells her who dog people are and the people who are only tolerant of dogs. If you don't want face lickings or to have a weenie cuddle on your lap or feet, then she knows immediately and she won't like you. Ever.

The doggy daycare requires a trial day before a dog can be boarded there.

Yesterday was Minnie's trial day and let me tell you, I was a little afraid she would fail. But, after a few tense minutes, and some nipping at dogs who got to sniffy with her precious butt, she adapted.

The lady said she stopped shaking and hiding in the corner after a while. MINNIE PLAYED WITH OTHER DOGS!

Yuuu guise!!!! Dis is huuuuge! She does not like other dogs but she eventually calmed enough to play and enjoyed the outside time in the sun. After 8 hours, she was so tuckered out that DH said she passed out in the car on the way home.

I leave you with a pic of the two cutest pups who will be missed like crazy while we are gone!



8 comments:

  1. I love them. I would miss their sweet little faces too! And Minnie's success gives me hope for my little Riley since they sound similar in their reaction to other dogs. Have a fabulous vacation and rest assured knowing your pups are having fun too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a adorable picture. Cute pups you have! Glad to hear Minnie not only passed her trial but opened herself up too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guise!!! I know Minnie will not be excited about it but maybe by then end of the weekend she will enjoy her new friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That picture is so freaking precious. Your golden is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay Minnie! So happy that you had a good day at doggie day care. Now you'll be excited to go back with Bella pup and play! <3

    ReplyDelete