Wednesday, August 21, 2013

4 weeks, 1 day

Officially late for my period and I can't finally count myself in weeks and days. It's still unreal to me sometimes. 

I have to keep reminding myself that I am pregnant. Even though I feel completed different, in some ways I feel completely the same. Unfortunately, you don't automatically grow a baby bump to physically remind you that it's real. 

Other times, all it takes is a twinge of a cramp or if I move and shift my boobs to remind me that "ah, yes, I have symptoms." 

When I first started getting BFPs, I was dizzy and lightheaded for a few days. That has since passed and I've learned to eat more often to keep that from happening more often. 

One undeniable issue is that I can't eat enough. I get full pretty quickly but then 2 hours later I'm starving again. If I keep eating this way, I'm going to gain 100 pounds. I'm lucky right now because I don't have morning sickness yet but my stomach has been churning. I am attributing most of that to nerves. 

This is how much I ate today: 
10 am: cereal
12:30 pm: pasta salad 
4:30 pm: tilapia and broccoli 
7:30: blueberries and French fries
10 pm: Oreo cheesecake milkshake

It's now almost midnight and I'm thinking about warming my overnight snack up. 

I'm thankful that I am not sick and I hope that I never get sick, but for now, I'm surprised at this appetite change. It's amazing how two weeks ago, I was not like this at all and now it's completely flipped my life around. In a good way. 

My immediate family members and my BFF know about the BFP and all have been sworn to secrecy. During my talk with my BFF and SIL last night I said, "I know so much about infertility and treatments. I've spent two years trying to get pregnant. But, now that I'm pregnant, I don't have a clue what to do." 

I guess there's not much else to do but eat when I feel like it, drink water and take care of myself. 

Milkshakes are considered good for me. Right? 


3 comments:

  1. <3 Try and eat lots of fruits and veggies as snacks. They will help you fill up or help stretch the gap in between your bigger meals.

    I was never really able to eat big meals while pregnant. You may want to look into eating several small meals a day. One every few hours if you can. That will help keep the morning sickness away as well as keep your stomach from getting empty. That is what most people have problems with in the beginning. Once your stomach gets empty, it's a cruddy feeling, up hill battle to get back to feeling "human" again. (Eat things with lots of protein! It helps! I promise.)

    I am so stinking stoked for you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about not knowing what to do! I just keep telling myself that as long as I'm eating and sleeping, I'm pretty much good.
    I agree with J Macky about eating small meals throughout the day, too. Some days it's easier said than done, but it really does help. Here's hoping the morning sickness stays away and your appetite keeps up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about being hungry ALLTHETIME! Seriously. Who knew growing a human could mess with your food routine so much? I second everything they said above. Eating smaller meals, or healthy snacks between meals does seem to help. I've only had m/s when my stomach is empty. Even a few crackers help tremendously.

    ReplyDelete